The first clue on the way to discovery.
After a few hours the air conditioner was set nicely in the window and I was sitting on the couch with an icepack on my back making notes of all the new gashes in the walls. As I sat there pondering why the unit ran so quietly this year I began to believe that it may not be working at all. After close inspection I discovered I was indeed correct.
My wife will never notice. It will buff right out.
Once I realized the unit was no longer operational I did what any capable man would do, I sprang into action. Upon returning to the room with my box of tools I went to work. One would be amazed on difficult the manufacturers make air conditioners to take a part. Not being one who is easily defeated I forged ahead.
I shall forge ahead! Unfortunately this guy will too.
With the help of my drill and hacksaw I was able to successfully remove the air conditioning cover, despite the many warning labels strategically placed to trick me into thinking I could not fix the unit myself, and look inside. After a few minutes of wiggling gears and circuits, tightening screws and banging on the side I closed up the unit cover with the help of duct tape. Surprisingly the cover did not fit as well as it used to. As I pushed the power button I was slightly taken aback that nothing happened.
Free babysitting. There is nothing duct tape cannot do.
I sat on the couch starring at the unit as I knew it was looking back at me with a smug look on its vents. I could not take the mocking any longer so I did was any capable man would do… I left the room.